The great outdoors is waiting to be discovered in the new California 6.1. The ultimate camping van is packed with all the right features to take your adventure to the next level. It’s customisable from head to toe, so you’re fully equipped for any road trip. Whether it’s flawless coastal roads, weaving mountain tracks or stunning desert highways, Australia has some of the most beautiful drives. All you have to do next is choose where to go.
Wherever you want to go, the California will take you there. An all-round adventurer, this compact camping van is comfortable and cosy from the driver’s seat to the bedroom.
More than capable of handling the day-to-day drive, the California is also built for day trips that turn into overnight adventures. The spacious cabin offers enough room to comfortably sleep 4, including the loft space which is fitted with a sprung bed base and comfort mattress. So, wherever you park up, you’ll catch some quality Zzzzs. It also boasts a comfortable, well-thought-out interior with a three-seater convertible bench and Multiflex board doubling as extra luggage space when you need it.
The California is proof that a small space doesn’t mean you compromise on comfort. As night falls, transform your camping van into a cosy bedroom to sleep 4 with the elevated roof. The standard manual elevating roof can be opened and closed easily or with the push of a button the optional electric roof can be opened via the Camping Van Control panel. You can also keep an eye on the vehicle angle and adjust the heating, it’s your convenient digital central unit.
Pull up and dine comfortably amongst lush mountain backdrops, clear water streams and hidden bush settings with the California 6.1’s side awning, camping table and camping chairs. Wherever your trip takes you, you can rest assured you will be prepared.
The engine and gearbox combinations ensure the California 6.1 has optimum performance so you can explore further. The 4MOTION all-wheel drive provides exceptional traction on virtually any terrain, while the DSG enhances driving comfort with its seamless shifting. If your journey takes you on the toughest slopes, reach the bottom in safety with optional Hill Decent Assist.3
The California 6.1 is fitted out with all the latest safety tech like Front Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Blind Spot Monitoring with Lane Assist to keep you safe on every adventure.3
California 6.1 is kitted out with a suite of innovative safety features as standard to assist you on the road.3
The California 6.1 has a range of intuitive and innovative driver assist features that give you the confidence to explore further. Add the optional Highbeam Assist for those late-night drives, so all you need to concentrate on is the destination. And say goodbye to laps around the block looking for the perfect park. With the optional Park Assist, you can park anywhere with ease.3
Your evenings are illuminated with LED interior lighting and the two reading lights in the roof console provide pleasant light for after-hours reading or working.
The LED daytime running lights add style and make you more visible on the road. While the optional LED headlights do more than you would expect. They give the vehicle an attractive signature light design while also providing a long-distance beam and large light volume, perfect for long trips on the road.
A little more won't hurt. Add even more function to your new vehicle with a selection of optional accessories. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only5.
For added protection the California can be fitted with the Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder, a front view camera that allows you to record any incidents onto a removable SD card. You have total control over all camera settings via the UTR Volkswagen App6, which also includes a car finder feature. And the best thing is, the device requires no battery or recharging.
With the ability to carry up to four adult sized bikes (max payload of 60kg), this genuine bicycle carrier is the perfect accessory for when travelling with friends or family. Designed to work around you, the carrier does not prohibit the opening of the tailgate, and allows the vehicle to be used as normal when the bikes are removed from the rack.
1. Fuel consumption figures according to ADR 81/02 derived from laboratory testing. Factors including but not limited to driving style, road and traffic conditions, environmental influences, vehicle condition and accessories fitted, will in practice in the real world lead to figures which generally differ from those advertised. Advertised figures are meant for comparison amongst vehicles only.
3. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
4. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service required.
5. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only. The above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Items such as sports equipment, cargo carriers and bike racks are shown for illustration purposes only.
6. The Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder App (UTR App) is only for use in combination with the Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR/Dashcam) of Volkswagen Genuine Accessories. Its capabilities include live viewing, data management, a car finder function and being able to adjust the recorder’s settings. All functions of the Volkswagen UTR app require an active data service between the Universal Traffic Recorder and your smartphone. Configurations vary by model (Front only or Front/Rear camera). Consult your local Volkswagen Dealer for further information.
Download the brochure and specifications for all the facts and figures.